Tiramisu with Boudoir Biscuits
Tiramisu with Boudoir Biscuits Tiramisu would simply not be the same without Bakers Boudoir Biscuits. This classic promises to deliver with or without a boozy little kick, its up to you.
- 250 ml strong black coffee
- 65 ml brandy or Kahlua (optional)
- 1 x 125 g packet of Bakers Boudoir Biscuits
- 2 jumbo eggs, separated
- 65 ml castor sugar
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- 250 g marscapone cheese
- 250 ml cream, stiffly beaten
- 30 ml cocoa powder
- Combine the coffee and brandy or Kahlua (if using). Dip the Bakers Boudoir Biscuits into the mixture (don’t soak them) and lay them in the bottom of a 20 cm square dish. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
- Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the marscapone and mix lightly until just combined. Lightly fold in the cream. Beat the egg whites into soft peaks and fold lightly into the mixture. Spoon the mixture over the biscuits.
- Chill until firm and sprinkle with cocoa powder just before serving.