Tameletjie Toffee Recipe
- 500g brown sugar;
- 250ml water;
- 125g butter;
- 2ml vanilla esssence; and
- pine nut kernels, almonds, walnuts or coconut.
- Dissolve the sugar in water over a low heat, and add the butter.
- Boil steadily without stirring for a few minutes, until the mixture starts frothing.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the chopped pine nut kernels, almonds, walnuts or coconut.
- Pour into a shallow well-greased dish and mark off squares with a wet knife.
- Leave to cool.
- Turn over and break into squares.
- Store in an air-tight container.